Monday 21 May 2012

A selection of necklaces

As well as the button necklace this has become one of my favourites and I just can't stop making them. They have also been admired by many people who are amazed to hear that they are tatted!


These two are using HDT from Natalie at The Yarn Yard. The one above is called 'Fairground' and the one below is 'Caterpillar'. The colours are so vibrant.


The next two are threads that Sue Anna kindly sent me the first one is 
Lizbeth 'Niagara Falls'


And this one is a HDT called 'Snowflake', these are much paler colours but they still look just as good especially on a darker skin.



You will have noticed that in a previous post I ordered the beads for the centres and I thought I had enough findings, until I came to the silver lobster clips and so ended up searching old jewelry for them! Must go and buy some.

Most of you have probably heard by now that I am accompanying Jane (well she is actually looking after me!) to the Palmetto Tat Days in September - this will be a new experience as I have never been to the USA before and I am so looking forward to seeing people that I have come to know through this blog.   I think we should be called the 'shuttle sisters', what do you think?

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful necklaces, they're really beautiful. Shuttle sisters makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the necklaces. I may make one for my mother.

    Can't wait until September for Tat Days! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shuttle sisters - that's funny. Perhaps we're related to the shuttle brothers - Gary and Randy. That would be REALLY great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to get to Palmetto even more, bummer, I have a prior tatting commitment.
    Shuttle Sisters sounds perfect.
    I really like your necklaces. very pretty pairing of threads and centers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your necklaces, love the mother of pearl beads too, they still sit in my box since more than a year waiting for my time ;-))
    Oh , shuttle sisters sounds so nice!
    I would love to go to palmetto too, but no chance in the moment, we could make the european shuttle delegation ;-)
    Funny greetings from Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
  6. impresionantes de bonitos todos, me encantan,yo he empezado ahora y tengo publicado en mi blog alguna cosita .saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your necklaces, especially the blue one! ; )

    Shuttle sisters, indeed! I wish I could attend Tat Days, but it's not in the cards this year. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shuttle Sisters - absolutely!

    See y'all in September - can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely the Shuttle Sisters! - what a wonderful idea, but it rather leaves 'im in the garage out in the cold, doesn't it?Oh well, perhaps you can just give him an extra heater to keep him happy.
    I hope you'll take lots of pictures at Palmettos,it will be really special for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The necklaces are beautifully stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all so beautiful!!! :)
    And I love the awesome colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful necklaces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the compliments.
    It is such a shame that you all can't make Palmetto and I can't believe that I am going - but the flights are booked so must be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must have missed this! The necklaces are all so pretty! You have been very busy tatting with wonderful coloured threads.

    I am so sad that you will cross the pond and I will not be able to meet you and Jane. : (

    This must mean that I must find a way to travel to Britain... : ))
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment