Wednesday 12 December 2012

12.12.12

It is one of those amazing dates today that just needs to be shouted out and celebrated or just recognised on my blog!

This will be the last date of its kind - when all three numericals in a date are the same - for the next 88 years. The next time this will happen is on January 1, 2101, or 01-01-01.
The number 12 has a great significance in many cultures. In western tradition, it is commonly associated with completeness and seen as a perfect and harmonious unit. As such, it has found its way into religion (e.g. the 12 apostles), mythology (e.g. the 12 gods of Olympus), and every day life (e.g. 12 hours on a modern clock face).  

I have been busy (around the clock!) test tatting another of Jane's clever designs but it would not be fair to show you until she has announced it first, it caused a little bit of a problem (on my part) but all seems to be resolved now and I am just excited about it as she is.

Whilst in America at Tat Days I was extremely fortunate to be given some lovely gifts, one was the name tag on the scissors which I purchased from the vending room.  I would like to thank the giver personally but I don't know who she is.  I will now never loose my scissors and this piece of tatting means a lot to me.


As you can see the bracelet and the book mark are made from the same Lizbeth thread which I have strangely taken a disliking to over the last few months.


It is amazing how tastes change and it has happened a lot in tatting to me over the last six months. I blame all those wonderful HDTs which you can now buy.  

Anyway enjoy what is left of 12.12.12 where ever you are in the world.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for not telling!!! All will be revealed - probably tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bookmark and great way of knowing whose scissors they ate, especially when you tat together
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tantalising post! - I love your scissors-keep and bookmark, so will enjoy looking at those while I am waiting.
    Lizbeth comes in so many gorgeous colours and I think that is the attraction; but if you have to unpick anything, it splits terribly! - and then I become cross with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scissors fob! currently I have a long ribbon tied to mine so I can hang it around my neck, that is the only way I can keep track of my scissors, I look for the green ribbon, lol

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment