Sunday 23 February 2014

Paper Clips and progress on doily

I found the idea of glueing plain buttons to the back of paper clips on the internet and promptly went in search of the glue gun which happened to be hidden somewhere in the garage.   For these flower paper clips I found some buttons with shanks on the back which fitted neatly through the middle of the tatting and paper clip.  They are extremely firm and have a nice weight to them.  


I have so many centres of the flowers left over from another project and so simply tatted an outer ring with plenty of beads to give them a bit of a sparkle. By having two layers of tatting there is plenty of area to use for glueing.  To finish off I did add a round of felt at the back to give them a clean look.





Renulek's doily is coming on well but is now too big to scan.  Also to let you into a secret I am working on two at the same time, so you may see a different looking doily next time, just depends.  The ones you saw in the previous post I am not adding to, in fact I have given the blue one away. 


22 comments:

  1. You're so clever - the paper clips are sweet! And the doily is looking great, I love the colours you're using on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane but like you always looking for new ways to use tatting.

      Delete
  2. Wow the paperclips and really nice and love this doily and the colors you have chosen are wonderful looks so different almost forgot it is the one every one is following along with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the traditional colours for a doily but sometimes it is good to be adventurous

      Delete
  3. Really like your colour combination on the doily Sally. You're tempting me to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This doily is very pretty. I love the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda it will be good to see Spring in wet England that is for sure, thank you

      Delete
  5. Love the colours in the doily. Very brave of you to do that when you don't know what's coming next!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um that is a bit of a problem Jane especially when changing colours

      Delete
  6. It's fun to see everyone's colour choices for the doily; I have actually seen one version "in person", being worked on by one of our Qld Tatters. She says it's a delight to tat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well your friend is right the doily is a delight to tat

      Delete
  7. the doily colours are very soothing, being rather pastel. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so off variegated thread at the moment Val

      Delete
  8. Your good use of colours make the different rounds really stand out. I tried, unsuccessfully, to find the pattern. Could you please point me in the right direction to it?
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the choice of colors for your doily. Very springy. I like the idea of the paperclips too. did you thread the paperclip through the hole in the button shank before gluing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did thread the beads on to the paperclips, should have explained that better, they were much easier to slide onto the paper clips than beads, although would like to use them aswell.

      Delete
  10. Sweet paper clips!!! :)
    Very pretty doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two at a time! That's what I call dedication! It's looking great! The paperclips are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Sally for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Diane. Dedication or foolishness!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment