Wednesday 9 December 2009

Butterfly and Bauble

I don't know how many of you have been over to Jane's blog today, but she has posted her new butterfly bookmark pattern. She showed it to me the other weekend and it looked so beautiful that I just had to have a go. Well we have both been absolutely hooked on making them. The ones you can see below have all flown away to different parts of the world, as I've put them in with Christmas Cards.
It is a very clever pattern and one of the reasons I like it so much is that I've manged to use up some beads where the colours have got all mixed up due to spillages.
Being Jane's sister means that I get to know tatting projects (although not all) before you do!

Which is one of the reasons why I have not had enough time finalise the bauble pattern yet! But promise it will be the next post.

7 comments:

  1. Those tatted up so cute! I downloaded the pattern early this a.m., so I'll make one this evening!

    Jane's sister?! I didn't realise that! I even saw the pic of the 2 of you & didn't make the connection. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BUMMER. Now I'm gonna have to find my 'mixed up' beads to make some like yours!!!!!! They are just SO addictive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day, that bauble is looking more and more tantalising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute... the little butterflies!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. one look and we know you and jane are related—same tatted items! now i'm even more envious... lovely butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sally, love all your tatted butterflies!! Gorgeous colors. I just printed Jane's pattern, and hope to tat it over the holidays. I bought some really nice bead mixes from DS9Designs. I've been matching the bead mixes with some of the new Lizbeth threads and I'll thy them out on this pattern.

    Very cute bauble, I like how you used the bugle beads and crystal and rice bead on the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I just spotted the nicest one! Great job and thanks for including me on your list.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment