Tuesday 26 February 2013

Gifts from Abroad

Don't you love receiving post from abroad? Well from anywhere really, but it is always more interesting if it comes from far away places.   Yesterday the postman produced from his bag a box, the box filled half his bag! I really wondered what it was and felt rather sorry that he had to carry this on his round.  Anyway the box contained some wood from Canada which  Fox had kindly sent.  The wood is silver maple, as you can see it is cracked which is normal as it had been drying out and makes no difference to the quality or quantity.  Fox saw a tree being cut last year and asked for a piece and kept it, although originally it was  much bigger. When she moved she took a smaller piece off it to take with her.



But look who the box was addressed to, this caused much amusement in our house.


And a lovely card and piece of tatting from Fox



Then today the postman put through the letter box this little heart that I won from Val. Now I met Val whilst in Singapore last June and we had an amazing shopping trip.



This dear little heart goes so well with a bag that I was given by my son's Aikido friends the last day we were in Singapore, the heart is resting on it in the picture, a perfect colour match. And talking of Singapore my son who lives there purchased these beads and gave them to his brother who was fortunate to be visiting him over Christmas. I am going to have to share some of these beauties!




There are some pop-a-bobbin shuttles being made in the garage at the moment. But this time there will be some that are unvarnished, just oiled.  This may be a bit of a problem for Jane when listing them though, opps sorry big sister!  I will take a photograph of the difference between them in the next blog post. 

I am now awaiting the arrival of the HDT which I ordered from Jess, what a week.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH, those beads are wonderful. Fox's and Val's tatting are just perfect. Such pretty, pretty colours.
    I succumbed to Jess's offer of free shipping too so I'm waiting for threads to arrive too!!
    The piece of maple looks great too - can't wait to see shuttles made from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, presents for u n 'im in the garage! very nice. i'm honoured that you like my tatting, and it will have a good use. fox's tatting is exquisite! enjoy the new beads too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece of wood, it will make some beautiful shuttles. I like the way she marked the package. I pity the poor postman who carried it around his round.

    The beads look heavenly and beautiful heart.
    It is nice to have little gifts arrive even if you know they are coming.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am relieved the package crossed the pond with no mishap, but must apologize to your postman for the extra poundage!

    Apologies also to ‘Im... I spelled his name wrongly - twice!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment