Tuesday 31 December 2013

Blogging through the years

A strange title to this post, but on the right hand side of my blog it gives the number of blog posts throughout the year.  It seems I have kept to 60 + since starting the blog in 2009. This works out on average to 5 posts a month.  I really don't have time to put something on my blog everyday as there are too many other things going on in my life,  but nevertheless I still count myself as a regular blogger!

Also through the years I give my friends some tatting every Christmas, if they have a Christmas tree they put them there or just display the pieces in another part of the house. One of my friends put this picture on Facebook yesterday.  I was thrilled to see 8 years worth of ornaments.



A really lovely Christmas present came from my son and  daughter-in-law in Singapore, and I was able to open it with them watching via the internet last Wednesday.



It is a cool wallet that holds a plastic container and there are pockets also in it. They thoughtfully included lots of beads, as they know my addiction to them!    There is now no excuse for me not to keep my beads tidy and I have started filling the container.  

Only eleven more hours left of 2013 so I had better get some more tatting done before it ends!

Happy New Year everyone

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your posts this last year and what a wonderful gift to see someone saved your tatting and posted it! And nice gift from your daughter in law, what a great way to end the year! take care and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madtatter, it was a nice surpise to see the photo of the tatting from my friend and yes my daughter in law was so thoughtful. Hope 2014 brings you many blessings.

      Delete
  2. Happy new year 2014 Dear friend, I wish you every happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marifetane and all the best to you for 2014

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks, a couple of them are my own patterns but I have no record of how I made them.

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Sally! - I have enjoyed your blogs throughout 2013 and look forward to more in 2014!
    Your son is so thoughtful to send you something that he knows you will love! - nice to have family members to support your interests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maureen and all the best to you for 2014. Well my son and d-in-law know that I love beads as I bought so many when in Singapore. Apparently this present was purchased in Spotlight - a shop we don't have here but I believe you do!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment