Thursday 19 May 2016

Patchwork revisited

So many of us have different crafts that invade our lives from time to time pushing away tatting for a short while.    I came away from my visit with Jane the other week with some material. This was the kind of material she could not use because the colours were not good or the patterns too large.   Fortunately I love the browns and dark bold colours so was pleased to come home with some African fabric.    Almost immediately I made a top, and the off cuts will go towards a patchwork hanging I started about 10 years ago!



This is a patchwork hanging I must have made about 15 years ago and is beginning to look a bit faded, it is mainly African fabric and hangs over an ugly electric meter in the hall way.




Work in progress, rather creased as it has been put away for 10 years


With several tatting projects on the go I think there is enough to keep me busy!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like an interesting piece to keep you busy, it doesn't look boring! I'm sure you'll get back to the tatting in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look nice to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top! I have a quilt tucked away somewhere that I was making for my oldest daughter's high school graduation... 22 years ago. Maybe I should dig it out and finish it. If you can work on a 15 year old project, I can certainly tackle mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with the hexagon quilt and you have a good skill with design and color it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fabric you've used for the top. And very interesting fabrics in the patchwork. Fun that Jane can inspire you to revisit that project, that's what sisters are for!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment